Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Gotta be the Shoes!

Greetings Readers

Up to this point I have two pairs of really, really and I mean really broken pair of running shoes. I did buy some specially made shoes for marathons which I have specifically used for Marathons and short running events. I did not figure that my special Marathon shoes would be adequate for the 24 Hours of Boulder.

With that in mind, I decided that I needed to invest in a new pair of shoes. After work I headed over to Park Meadows and went to the Finish Line store. I got a deal - the shoe was discounted $ 10.00 dollars and then another $ 15.00 dollars was knocked off the price when I paid for the shoe. All in all I think I got a great deal on a new pair of running shoes.

They look great, even though I wanted another color, but that was unavailable. Now, I only have 48 hours to break in the new shoes. This is not good, but there was no other choice that I could do. I could not even think about using the old pairs of running shoes. They have been destroyed by me, but I do wear when riding the road bike with bike clips.

I could not wear the Marathon shoes, since... well I couldn't. They are snug fitting, to me, and I felt that might not be a good thing for me on a 24 hour event of running.

Only time will tell now

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: