Sunday, May 11, 2008

May Day - Mother's Day

Greetings Readers

What a beautiful day today. The Sun is shining, a light wind and not a cloud in the sky (that I can see.)

Mother's Day. I am not sure how many of you readers are near/close to your mother. I am not. I am in another state and usually each year we try to figure out if I am going to visit her around the time of Mother's Day or if she is able to get away from the ranch and come to Denver.

I am betting that most of you have Mother's Day on Mother's Day - where as I do not. Our Mother's Day is usually delayed, but she does accept this. I guess in her view it is better to be remembered later then not remembered at all. I do not mean it to read that way, but that is the only way to get to the point directly and quickly.

Also, I usually get an extra week or two to think of what I might cook for her on her day (excluding the week of cooking I do here and there). Doing work is also on the agenda, but I usually know what that is and can only complain, but jokingly. Yet, this year I finally figured out what to get for. Matter of fact that is what I am going to do Sunday Afternoon.

Update 9:00 PM - So, as the picture shows and 157.00 bones later. Paul Mitchell Products. I am not sure why I had not thought of this before. My mom most of time asks me what she should buy and what she should use for Paul Mitchell Products. And also borrowing my Paul Mitchell products when I go and visit. Anyway, this particular idea came to me a couple of weeks ago. Again, I am stunned why I did not think of this before. So, there I was in the store picking out items for her and thinking back to what products she had used when I brought my stuff down to the ranch.

You know I was going to pick this and that, but then I thought more of it and decided to pick the items that I use and that I know she would use and or like. I was being very careful to not think that I was buying this for myself nor get any thoughts later thinking to myself that what she did not know wouldn't hurt. Yet, in my mind she has no access to Paul Mitchell products and I do, therefore I can easily pick up Paul Mitchell products for me later on. Though, I did pick out a small hair spray and gel for myself, which means you will have to subtract two items from the post's picture.

Though, I keep thinking to myself - Damn that would look good in my bathroom.

And I should be safe telling the Internet world (you Readers) since I know she does not have access to the Internet and I do not think that could find the blog I have. Though I have told her and the family that I do have a blog going on.

Update 05/13/08 - I forgot the card reader for my memory card for my digital camera so I could not upload photos the other day. What is that phrase - Better late than never..

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: