Wednesday, August 29, 2007

US Open 2007 - Day 3


Greetings Readers

"You're not the one for me. oooo - hooo!"

The song is Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. This is the perfect song for this women tennis player I know not. Her name is Ahsha Rolle (pictured). Who? That is what I said on Monday. Who?

I am now behind this girl - 100%. Here are the facts - Ahsha is from the state of Florida (USA). Her birthday is 03/21/85 and her height 5'8" and weight 159 lbs.

This is probably the first time I noticed her name, but I am sure I have heard her name before but ignored this unknown name.

Now, this has all changed by the end of Monday's opening day.

On Monday, this match was the upset of the day. Tatiana Golovin (17) vs. Ahsha Rolle. I heard and also saw clips of the match when I got home from work that evening. Nothing really out of the ordinary, but I was in awe because the way that Ahsha looked. Ahsha was not someone that I would even give a chance to beat Golovin on Monday. The results were 4-6, 6-1, then 2-6. This is "The Upset" that I was looking for on Monday to begin the US Open. Boo-yah Ahsha!

Then, listening to her match this afternoon Ahsha Rolle vs. Karin Knapp, I was rooting for the underdog Ahsha. "ooo-hoo!". Well, the first set was a "bit messy" and I could hear the faults, errors and everything else that these two were giving each other. I was sort of shaking my head in disbelief, but on the opposite end I was pumping my fist in the air whenever Ahsha won a point. Eventually she won the second set, but not without some mistakes by both players. I was unable to listen to the 3rd set, since the night session was beginning and the US Open.org Radio switched to the Serena Williams (8) vs. Maria Elena Camerin match. US Open.org radio gave us periodic updates, but Dammit I wanted to listen to Ahsha's match!

In the end, Ahsha pulled another match win and she's onto the next round of the US Open. The results were 3-6, 6-4 & 6-3.While listening to the announcer say "Ahsha is talking to her racket" "Ahsha screamed in disgust" and you could also hear Ahsha shriek in the background. Listening to this was pure enjoyment for me. This is a "Dark Horse" giving all she's got and does not care about what may or may not be proper at the US Open or on the Tennis court. I hope Rolle can "roll" over her next opponent.

Martina Hingis (16) won yesterday - in easy sets! Hingis played Mathlide Johansson and the end results were 6-0, and 6-3. That's my girl!

Lleyton Hewitt (16) vs. Amer Delic - Hewitt won 6-2, 6-4, & 6-2. "Come On!"

David Nalbandian (24) vs. Ivan Navarro Pastor - Nalbandian won, but each set went the distance 7-5, 7(7)-6(4) & 7(8)-6(6). Alright!

Today Marat Safin (25) vs. Frank Dancevic - Safin won 7-5, 7(7)-6(5) & 7(9)-6(7). I can not wait to watch this match I taped earlier today.

Good to see Henman won. Tim Henman vs. Dmitry Tursunov (27) - 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 & 6-4. I would like Henman to make a good showing this US Open since this will be the last US Open for Henman.

Mikhail Youznhy (11) vs. Nicolas Devilder - I want to see if Youznhy put his racket on top of his head when he won the match easily. 6-0, 6-1 & 6-2.

All three "vics" won their matches - Jelena Jankovic, Ana Ivanovic won today and Novak Djokovic won yesterday.

I know that there are a lot more players that I can mention, but I guess I better wrap up since I need to get going.

In closing, did you see that "Ass kissing" Maria Sharapova did after her match last night ?! Holy Shit! Her knees and lips must be sore from kissing ass to the fans of New York. I have not forgotten nor has New York about Sharapova's behavior on the tennis court this past year. Her coach/dad coaching from the box last year at the US Open (the banana eating sign). At least Yuri got fined for that.

Then, all this year Sharapova has been making her opponent wait to serve when it is not her turn to serve. Unacceptable. Totally un-fucking acceptable. Her bracket looks easy, but I am hoping that someone will derail "her train." And is the red dress that she wore "New York"? To me, I don't think so. Of course, I do not know New York so I really do not know.

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: