Friday, August 03, 2007

2nd Light Rail Incident in 1 Week


Greetings Readers

There I was getting onto light rail a couple of evenings ago and I was minding my own business, as usual. Everything was right in the world - dogs and cats were not living together.

I reached my stop that I was going to debark off. The train came to a stop and I proceeded to get off the train. I grabbed my bike and hoisted partly over my shoulder so I can step down the steps to the ground safely. And then that was when the trouble started.

I noticed that a few passengers were waiting for the train I was on to arrive. Common courtesy, for the world, is to let the passengers debark/exit first. Well, I see all of them waiting for me to get off with my bike, except one that was walking across the entrance/exit. Or what I thought.

All of a sudden this immigrant, or my fucking luck, an illegal alien, stopped and started to put one foot on the step of the entrance I was getting off from. Well you know me readers, I saw this rudeness and immediately addressed the situation.

The person looks at me with no emotion or perhaps "the pissed off look" this person was trying to convey to me. Not in this person's lifetime. Granted, this person may have not been an immigrant or an illegal alien, but this person could have been Puerto Rican or Hispanic or may be a Latino. I say I could care less, but I fucking bet it was an immigrant. Regardless, I stopped going down the steps and looked at this person, with my sunglasses on and say quite loudly and firmly "Excuse me." I saw the crowd outside the door all of a sudden look at me and not to mention the people near the exit/entrance of the train. I did not hesitate nor did I move one inch. I got all the time in the world. The crowd sense/heard there might be an event for the 10 PM news so everyone's eyes were either on me or the other person.

While all that was transpiring around us, I got the continued look from this person getting on the train. After about 5 seconds or so the person took their foot off the step and stepped back onto the platform. (Pictured is a the best picture of the Light rail train and the entrance/exit) Then, I continued to step down and off the train. I purposely moved my bike toward this person so they would have to wait and back up until I pass by/get off completely. Oh yes, this person did not expect this sort of confrontation, but sure in hell will get a response from this American. Metaphorically, this person's "train" stopped with me. As I got off the train I immediately set my bike down on the platform directly in the person's path and said "No Habla Anglais? - Get the fuck out of my way." politely and walked my bike off. I did not look around. Nor could I hear was was being said by anyone or if there was silence I could not hear that either. I once more had Tiesto playing "Just Be" in my earphones and really did not care what someone had to say about this incident.

And that was that. Does trouble come looking for me? Do I look for trouble? I do not know.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: