Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Sultry Character Arrives in August


Greetings Readers

Babies do not sleep as good as I did like I did last night. (Let me watch Fight Club to quote correctly) I got caught up on my sleep from the vacation. So, having done that I can now get motivated to get caught up to speed with the Internet. Not that I have a following, but never-the-less.

Guess who I saw in the Sunday Paper? Specifically the Comics section. I got to open my Sunday paper last night and yes I was right. Lola Granola! There she is - not that I really remember how she left Bloom County. I think that the last time that I saw Lola was she had second thoughts about marrying Opus and her thinking "He looks like a toadstool" or something to that nature. And that was all I remember - granted there was the wrap up towards the end of Bloom County so perhaps I missed where Lola went off to.

Yes, I am excited to see Lola Granola back, but she is really not a true character of Bloom County. Only when Opus and her fell in love, meeting the parents, bachelor(ette) parties, the vision of the future (2008, if I remember correctly), and that is all I can recall. I guess I am going to have to pull out my Bloom County books and research. Hah hah.

Readers - If you are not familiar with Bloom County. Lola was a love interest of Opus, they got engaged and were to marry when Opus "had an accident" and had a vision of the future with Lola. After the vision Lola and Opus came to the opinion that they should not get married. Lola, in the comic world, is a hottie, perhaps not worthy of Opus (then again who is for Opus) and yes I remember thinking Lola was a pretty "hot" comic character back in the 80's. Then again, what other comic had a "Sultry" character as Lola. =) And not to mention those sizzling outfits.

I went to Breathed's website and I see that his Sunday Comic will not be printed (carried) in a lot of the Sunday papers beginning 08/26/07 and ending 09/02/07. I think it is due to the subject matter of the script. There was a preview (one pane) and well I think I can see why, but then again.

I think Berkeley Breathed has finally re-established himself with Opus and now is fulfilling us faithful readers by bringing back "our characters" we have come to know by Mr Breathed. Breathed has subject matter to work with these days and really only has only comic a week to worry about as opposed to do doing a full week.

In closing, it is good to see another "old friend" from Bloom County in the Sunday Paper. Not pivotal for me, but never-the-less good to see her back.

The heat wave continues - another record to be broken today. I think that the news (Fox News) said the record for today is 97 degrees and we most likely will break that record.

Update 6:37 PM: I went to see my Chik-Fil-A "Amigo" and got my Gallon of Sweet Tea. Tis been a week or so since my last visit. I saw Rafael this time around and he was busy. Sort of unusual for him to be busy this part of the night. At lunch, I also read that the Dallas Cowboys beat the Denver Broncos. Woo Hoo. Go Dallas. Of course this is pre-season. But I just want to "Woo Hoo!" every time the Broncos lose. Woo Hoo! See how much fun that was for me. The Moonlight Classic happened this past weekend and unfortunately I was out of state and I could not attend. You know what that means - no more fucking training - to a T. No more strict diet. No more schedules. I am retired (or as my co-workers / friends would say to me - "You are not retired Mr.C") Anyway, you know what that deserves ?! Another Woo Hoo! I got on the bike after a four day break and was okay. While I was on vacation I saw my Motobecane. The pride and joy of my bike collection. Old school, as myself. The Space Shuttle Endeavor is suppose to come back to Earth on Wednesday. A bit early due to a Hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. I hope the best for the Shuttle and the crew. The US Open - in 6 days! 6 DAYS BABY! I realize this is a mish mash of information and a lot of labels. Most or all may be worthless, but thought to mention just in case someone out there in the Internet world is tracking the world through my eyes. Yeah right. I can dream and will continue so...

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: