Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Now Quit Your Whining


Greetings Readers

Immigrants. I think you readers may know my stance on immigrants since I have made comments here and there on my blog. Anyway, there was an article in this past Sunday's Denver Post that talked about Immigrant and also the people who do not have identification.

For me the article was a bit bias. This time I think The Denver Post only took two writers to put this article together. Anyway, I do not know how to summarize the article, but I will give some personal thoughts about the article.

Sorry readers. I am going to have continue later... the thoughts are not quite coming completely together, so let me organize my thoughts. Yes, I keep typing, deleting, typing my thoughts and I seem to be out of order.

The title of the blog? How did this come about? I have this co-worker... let us call her "Sha-nay-nay." For the past week I see this bottle of Coca Cola on her desk and every time I go into her cube (let's be honest-when I walk by) I zero in on the unopened bottle coke. Oh yes, I want that coke. I think every time I go into her cube I say "You still have not opened that coke?" Yes, something stupid to say since I know that it is not open, but never-the-less I still utter that question. She knows that I drink Coca Cola like there is no tomorrow. And she mentions that she drinks coke once in a blue moon.

Anyway, the hour was late last night before leaving work and Sha-nay-nay stopped by with the bottle of Coca Cola in hand. I was busy powering down my computer and cleaning up before I left last night so I did not see that there was a note on the bottle

Sha-nay-nay says "Oh you're still here? I was going drop and run" and I said "Why?" "Well look at the bottle" There was a blue post-it note with the words "Now Quit your Whining." We both laughed. In the end, I got the Coca Cola and this morning on my bike stop to work I usually make at Jenny's Market I got my usual Coca Cola and then I bought a bottle of Desani Flavored water - Raspberry for her. Yes, I felt guilty last night for her handing over the Coca Cola, but I made sure to get her something in return. I had to ease the guilt somehow.

7-11 has lost my business since the last incident I had there. Yep, that is 1.59 times 5 that they are losing. Not to mention any specials on pop, or a newspaper or magazine that I should/could buy in addition to my usual Coca Cola purchase. I want courtesy and not to mention someone who is not from South of the Border (yes I am assuming, but I know she had to be an immigrant) that can not speak English clearly. This is sort of an isolate incident...

I almost forgot - 11 days til the end of my biking season! Or I could even say - til my retirement. The last scheduled event is pictured on my blog. The Moonlight Classic - http://www.moonlight-classic.com This is the last official event that I close out my biking season. It is also the time I get to date and drink. Although, this year since I came out of retirement I have sort of been doing both throughout the season. I will admit this is the day I get to "get wild" since I normally do not get to do the drinking and dating during my biking season.

For my readers not based in Colorado - this bike event is an annual event (15th this year) that is held at night in the month of August. The ride times have fluctuated throughout the years, but always at night. The ride is either 10 to 20 miles long and you start and end at the State Capital. I usually do not leave the State Capital until 3 or 4 in the morning and get home between 4 and 6 AM.

Oh the stories I could tell you about my end of season Moonlight Classic rides. Then again, you probably have read my stories so perhaps there is no surprise. Two words for you - Shot stop. Woo Hoo.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Suzie said...

sounds like a fun ride....