Saturday, August 04, 2007

Humid, Hot, Sweaty, Sexy day in August


Greetings Readers

I have been blogging for a good 9 months or so and I have learned a lot about myself and also about blogging, the art of. As you readers can see I think I have done a good job of trying to blog about me and my life.

But, I do not create a blog entry because of every place that I went during the previous day. Yes, I am sure that there is less than one percent of the population that might want to know every move and every site that I saw/visited. Yet, I am not going to do that. Personally, it was pure torture for me to scan blogs that show where one has been every moment of his/her life in that particular day. So, when I surf blogs if I come across a bunch of pictures and no words - well time for me to leave that blog.

I am also not going to show you every meal that I eat/ate or every meal that I have had at every restaurant I visited during my reign of blogging. Gosh Damn! You gotta pretty hard up for making a portfolio of food. I sort of understand baby pictures, but food?! I fucking love food, but not enough to take pictures of the meal itself from the front, side, top and at a forty-five degree angle. Fuck - Might as well as take a picture of the "porcelain god" and show the entire meal in its life in the toilet water. Hah hah.

I hope you readers get my drift. Yes, blogging is good and blogging is bad, in your own personal view. I love a good read and a not read that say "I got up, made coffee, called my boyfriend/girlfriend, went to work, blah, blah, blah". When I signed up for this service I thought that I was just going to publish my "athletic journals" and that will be that. But as I started to get warmed up to blogging I sort of saw a halo of light.

I could even coin the term "The Halo Effect" On that moment, I saw that there was a light and there was also more in that light. I know readers, I am not making sense, but to me right now that is the only way that I can describe the event leading to me actually embracing blogging, thank you very much. (Oops - yes you got readers, time to take a shot!)

Even more with blogs/blogging I see that people will "reprint" type songs into their blogs. Yes, the entire song. I guess I might have done that in the past, but for me I usually limit any song reference to one or two lines. Or better yet a couple of words.

I have also seen other bloggers type the Song/Artist that they are listening to on their I-Pod.

So, with that.... well when I started this topic I was listening to

"Paradise City "- Live Bootleg cut by Guns N Roses

I guess listing that song was not so hard, but by no means am I going to start that ritual.

In closing, there are many sorts of blogs and there are all sorts of ways that you may present a blog to the world on the Internet. I am not saying that mine is the best, but I know that it is many more steps better than the blogs that only have pictures galore on their site. Yes, there are others that I could list as example and more importantly, specific blogs, but I am going to let you readers find out for yourself should you ever decide to venture beyond my world that is currently located one mile above sea level in Colorado.

Okay, readers now that is out of the way I can tell you other than that I have nothing else to write/upload about. Yes, I have the epic tale of the last week of the Tour de France. I am not going to promise that this will be great or even good, but this will be a wrap-up for me and the rest of readers may stop wondering what happened to me during those finals days in tour.

Oh, this week was the premiere of "My Boys" on TBS. I am glad to be back in the world that I enjoyed watching the first season. PJ and her group of friends. The two episodes that premiered were okay, and the events of the show picked up 6 months after the season one finale. But we viewers got flashbacks on what happened right after the season finale.

Today's picture - A while back someone asked me about a woman who I would absolutely think that is hot/is desirable in the Movies. Well, I thought about it and then forgot then remembered once more and once more now I remembered the other day. Well, here she is pictured. K Beckinsale. Yes, that is my type of woman. And the accent is a bonus. Oh my gosh, that could push me over the edge. LOL.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Suzie said...

some times talking about what you eat is an important part of life....btw...Discover Channel Team with another questionable rider (doper)won...but my guy Levi was third.