Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The August Draws Announced


Greetings Readers

The brackets for the US Open were announced today! www.usopen.org Something new this year for me - I actually looked at the Men's Brackets.

Since I covered and followed the other three Grand Slams this year I actually care who (the men's draws) is playing and who they may be up against. I, of course, ignore Nadal and Federer. Monfils should breeze into the round of 16. "Come on!" should make it the quarters easily to hopefully face Moya. Yet Youzhny and Fish are potential players to upset on what I forsee.

Roddick vs Gimbelstob - could make me fist pump if Roddick can get eliminated. Gasquet, Ferrero are others who I would like to see advance, but all in all these guys will most likely be eliminated by Federer in the end.

Then, the bracket that is intriging to me, is Blake, Baghdatis, Grosjean, Hrbaty, Murray, Haas, & Davydenko, yet again Federer could be awaiting in the semi's.

Note: Update 08/26/07 - 4:50 PM - (Pictured) - This is the official poster for this year's 2007 US Open.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: