Sunday, August 26, 2007

An August Momentary Lapse


Greetings Readers

Yes, I have been a bit busy. A lot of things have happened the past few days. Back on Wednesday night (perhaps Tuesday night), there were loud and flashy thunderstorms that happened between 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM the made it's way through the Denver metro area. I was woken up at about 1:30 AM and about 2:25 AM on that night. The lightening was loud, long, and crack-boom! sort of sounding. But then off in the distance you.. well I could here the long rolling thunder that was probably 10 to 20 miles away in the East. Once the Flashes and Lightening woke me up I was up. Though, I did not get out of bed. I was facing the East and my curtains & windows were open so I had prime view of the thunderstorms. Not to mention that I can hear the rain falling heavy and steady. I wanted to look and see how hard the rain was falling, but I was content just laying back watching the black sky. On both occasions that I woke up I was immediately up. Then, eventually I fell asleep and the next thing you know it is 5:20 in the morning. I have to say that was the type of night that I wished Jaci was over. Or maybe that is another part of me wanting that. So, when I got up I was not in the best of moods since I had an interrupted sleep throughout the night. I went to work pretty much with an attitude, but kept it to myself so I would not make anyone else suffer my misery of a morning start.

So, then... let me see... oh our little department went to the Rockies game on Thursday. We were up in the cheap seats, never-the-less I enjoyed myself. There was not going to be a repeat of last year's game when I, we, showed up at the game until the 3rd of 4th inning and then the next thing you know the game was over. So, I made sure that I caught a ride from someone else, and also left a few minutes earlier. Then, that was basically made sure that I was responsible for myself and no one else. I also sat with some other people to be sure I had a nice time, in my view. Barring that incident, I kept my head and I was also excited about the Rockies game since the Pittsburgh Pirates were playing. I have no clue who is on the Pirates these days, but at least a team I care to like was playing. As oppose to last year when it was the San Francisco Giants with Barry Bonds - Boo. Enough said on that subject. Pirates won 5-1.

I spent a lot of money, but the money and the time off (Half day from work) was worth it. After the game, I then went to a couple of shops Downtown. Since I was down in the area that was the reason that I went to look around. Also, since the RTD Light rail tickets were free I decided that I did not have to go back to Lone Tree for a bit. I bought a couple more things while downtown and not to mention the time I was down there that was when the work day was done. I saw a lot of women in Power Suits (which is a big turn on for me) and other women that were just fucking Cute in general. Those blondes. But I digress.

Let me see. There is more, but I do not want to mention those boring tidbits of info.

Nip / Tuck is schedule for October. There was another brand new teaser trailer for the show. It shows a woman's back and then the camera pans down the woman's back and you see a map of the United States and a "dotted line" goes from Miami to Los Angeles. Again not much, but oh so glad that Christian and Sean are back.

Then, the series that I got into last year - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is set for Sept 13 (FX). Charlie, Mac, "Sweet" Dee, Dennis, Frank and his ex-wife (forgot her name readers) I have seen the comericals for the show the past week and I can not help laughing my ass off with a huge smile on my face. The show's subject matter to date is sort of taboo, in a sense. Not your typical regular tv stuff. They take on Cancer, Rasicm, Steriods, Betting, Drugs, Underage Drinking, Nazi's, uh physically challenged people, doing people you really know, Transvesite, Abortion, Gay Issues, Owning a Gun, and so forth. A lot of subject matter in the past two seasons - 1st season (7 episodes) and 2nd season (10 episodes). New subject matter for this season and old characters showing up is making me so excited to see "The Gang." Who is my favorite? Very tough, but I am going say "Charlie." with Mac and "Sweet" Dee next. Pictured on today's blog is "The Gang" from the Show.

Tomorrow - The US Open begins! Woo Hoo.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete


No comments: