Monday, August 20, 2007

August in New Mexico, for a bit


Greetings Readers

I am back from vacation, but it was not a vacation. I left the past Wednesday night for New Mexico 8:00 PM and I came back to Colorado this morning at 5:30 AM.

I took the time off - well I made myself take two days off and the weekend so I had a four day mini-vacation.

Little did I know that this was the week that we were taking care of our cattle that were born in Dec, Jan and Feb of this year. I am sure that I blog some of this info when the events happened.

All in all, we branded, gave 8-way shots, powdered, doused the 8 calfs in medicine. These calves sure did grow in the past eight months. They were big and a couple of them were a bit jumpy. I was a cussin, cursin, getting dirty, being a cowboy, and enjoying the time with my parents and brother.

Today's picture is the "Lotaburger" burger. Basically, anytime that I go down to New Mexico this is the place that I get a burger at. Double lotaburger, with lettuce, pickles, mustard, & Green Chile. 86 the cheese and that's it. Do not ask me anything else. Period.

That is short version of the vacation and I will go into depth later. I need some sleep!

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
T
he Fallen Athlete

No comments: