Monday, December 17, 2007

Something's Rotten in Denmark


Greetings Readers

So, let us for the sake of argument decided that it was your day,turn, to supply food. Does not matter where - it is all hypothetical. It could be at a family gathering, it could be at work, it could be at a friend's home. Regardless, it is your turn to bring food.

For the sakes of making this simple - Let us say it was your turn to make Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches - for everyone. Again, it does not matter if you were elected to make the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches or you were chosen to make Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Bottom line - you are responsible for making/providing Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.

The day has arrived and you arrive at your destination on where you are required to bring the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, but the only things that you brought with you are the cans of Peanut Butter (Smooth, Creamy, Crunchy, etc.) and the jars of Jelly (Grape, Strawberry, Blackberry, etc). Yet, the one thing that you forgot to bring was the bread. Basically, the key ingredient for Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Now readers, what would be the proper thing to do since you forgot the bread?

Remember - you are responsible for the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Yes, the entire meal. No one else was required to bring anything relating to the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, since that was your "responsibility" to make and bring the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. No one else was responsible unless you yourself had told someone else to bring the something for you.

Tell me readers - Don't you think that it is "Fucked Up" for not to go get some bread? I mean you were responsible for the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Or would you readers tell everyone where this event is being held "Too bad. I guess if you really want bread then you will need to go get some yourself". Whether for yourself or everyone. Or would you say "I'm Sorry".

I am sorry readers - That is one fucked way of looking at the situation that you created for yourself, not to mention everyone else. Or another way to look at it is that one half ass job that was done. Hey, if you did not want to do the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches - then you should not have bothered at all. I mean what is Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches without the bread?! Nothing. Would you use crackers instead? Perhaps chips? Or would you eat the combination of the Peanut Butter and Jelly on your plate?

Not this fucking guy! I bought 4 pieces of bread and used 2 for myself. Fuck yes, there was no way I was, or will, compromise some morals about Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. I could of have and would have bought more bread, but I was late to getting to the Peanut Butter and Jelly and I think that everyone had gotten there Peanut Butter and Jelly already. No sense buying any more bread than I had to.

I am sorry readers, but this "incident" really put me in a bad mood. Gosh darn. I know this was really a small issue to be "worked up" about, so to speak, since I have other bigger issues (non-food related) to worry about. But dang, I was sort of excited for Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches (Readers - remember I am using an example - it really was not Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches) I would be fucked up for thinking that was something to get "bent" out of shape for. Unless I was really poor and perhaps was living on a diet of Ramen Noodles and cans of Del Monte Vegetables. Then, perhaps I might look forward to Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.

Hah hah - I made myself smile and laugh a bit. Granted, the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches was not on the opposite end where I desired what was being provided, but it was something that I wanted to have once I heard what it was being provided.

Thanks for reading this far. Again, you come to your own conclusions, but mine is fairly made up and two words regarding this topic - fucked up. Or as my favorite little cartoon character would say "That's F'd in the A!"

And today's picture is me during sunset last night. Sorry the flash went off so that is why I have some red eye in my eyes. Not bad, but not a good picture. The day got warm so I was in my tights, fingerless gloves and no hat(cap) at all. Yet, the past week has been cold and that is why there's snow on the ground and also why I am on the Mountain bike.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: