Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pointing out the Obvious


Greetings Readers

Here I am with a picture of me on the Light Rail Train this morning. The temp was in the low 20's when I headed out the door. Not cold, per se, but I did not want to ride the bike today so I "hoofed it" to the bus stop and waited for the bus. Yes readers, there goes another 3 dollars for today.

I guess the day has been better. At least better than yesterday's start. Nothing has pissed me off, yet. I am like a ticking bomb just waiting to go off.

Sort of last night. There I was on the Light Rail Station. And you readers probably have heard a variation of this story told before. Then again, perhaps I did not tell you readers.

I was sitting on the train as well as another couple across the aisle from me. The lady, a woman perhaps in her 30's with her shoe on the opposite seat. Ooh. That just got the fire burning that was just went out when I left work.

One Light rail station stop, two stops, and still she still had her foot on the opposite seat. Readers, there are signs posted throughout the train (most are small) that state do not put (rest) your feet upon the seats.

Again readers, I do not discriminate on sex, race, or personality when I am on the Light Rail Train. I am an EOE. Everyone is fair game!

As I getting ready for my stop to get off, I prepared my words.

"Hey. Why don't you tell your partner to take her foot off the seat since there is a sign posted right next to her stating do not rest your feet on the seat. Don't be the stereotypical white trash." is what I said to the guy.

And I was out the door. I did not look back nor could I heard him and her since I had my earphones in and Tiesto playing in my ears. Cuss at me if you feel you need to. I am right and you are wrong. Otherwise, I will make it my business when I see something "out of place" on the light rail. Remember readers, I am sticking up for the "little people". Would you want to be the person who sits where ever she put her feet and only to discover later she had gum, throw up, or food to the bottom of her shoe and it got wiped off when she put her foot on the seat? Not me!

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: