Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My 1st X-mas Lights Picture of the Year


Greetings Readers

I am having a bit of a problem trying to post my blogs and having time to write them. I am still busy and trying to work, blog and do personal things are getting a bit overwhelming.

I had to post the blog post I started at lunch yesterday, this evening since I got busy all day and did not get home until late yesterday and by then it was so late that I "drank" my dinner.

Anyway, I posted one of two pictures that I took tonight of the Christmas lights that are twinkling in the Greenwood Village area near Fiddler's Green.

Since I was unable to post the picture and the blog outline I was going to blog about I was able to use the two pictures that I took and use them on both blogs since they are sort of pretty, well to me anyway.

I promise to get caught up with the ideas that I have floating in the head and get them down for you.

Well, well, well, what we have here is an update with the ever so Fucking Dairy Cow that mocked me going home almost every day on Arapahoe Road since I saw that Damn cow with utters in from of a barbecue restaurant.

The Fucking Dairy cow is gone! Ding dong - the Cow is Dead. You know like that saying "Ding Dong the witch is dead" Oscar's Smokehouse restaurant has been "dark" for the past week and then this morning I decided to see what is up since the other morning I saw some white paper on the front doors of the restaurant, which is not normally on the front door.

I biked up to the restaurant this morning and sure enough "Closed" was written on the white pieces of paper and taped to both doors of the restaurant. Before seeing the white paper on the doors, from a far Oscar's has been dark when I have been going home at night. Granted, I have been going home late, but I was trying to remember if Oscar's closed that early in the evening, but then I saw that Oscar's was really dark (like 3AM dark) as opposed to just "closed for the day" dark.

What I mean by that is that when a restaurant closes for the night, there is still some lights on. Waiters/waitresses closing and balancing out their night's take. The kitchen staff cleaning up, the manager doing whatever needs to be done for the night. But as I rode past Oscar's the other night, roughly 8 or 9 PM I saw Oscar's was very dark, then the other night I saw a truck backed up to the front doors around 9 PM so I was curious.

After all did I not blog sometime ago that the restaurant was under new management and I was going to take my parents back to the restaurant for a second chance. Well, so much for that idea.

Readers, let me take you back in Mr Peabody's Way Back Machine and for you local residents -back in the day when Pete McKay was on "the Peak 96.5" he too had a version of the Way Back Machine on his morning show. The restaurant was originally a Big Boy's restaurant. Matter of fact, I have a picture of my parents and brother in front of Big Boy himself that was taken in the 80's that I took. Ever since Big Boy's closed down a couple of decades ago many, many restaurants have occupied the building and the place never has lived up to the Big Boy's Status that our family thought was a great place.

In closing, too bad that fucking dairy cow (with an utter) will not be there anymore. Why? I will not have any more blogs to write about that Fucking Dairy cow in front of a Barbecue restaurant.

Until the next time
Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: