Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another Update Added


Greetings Readers

And now time to post some info from my past little vacation that was stored on my laptop...

Here I am sitting in the bus (TNM&O) on the outskirts of Raton, New Mexico. We bus passengers have a 20 minutes lay over until we continue the trip to Albuquerque.(Update : The wait was an hour)

Bus travel has its advantages, but on the other hand it has a lot of disadvantages.

Yet, all in all I have to say that this sort of travel I have come to embrace and I would not think of flying. I like the idea of catching the bus at night and practically sleeping the entire trip with only waking up here and there.

In the beginning I was skeptical about taking the bus, but once I became a seasoned rider I am now used to it. In the beginning I only had my CD player. Oh yes readers that same CD player that took a fall on the Elephant Rock Ride. Why that CD player has been through thick and thin with me and I will continue to use that CD player until the day she gives up on me. Not to mention that this CD player can play TV stations, get the weather bad in 7 different waves, 25 FM station presets, 5 AM preset, Bass, anti skip technology - something which can retain music for 1 minute. What the fuck that means I have no idea.

Yet, ever since I got my pink I-pod my music has come much easier in life. I no longer have to lug around my favorite CD’s (and their Jewel Cases). I have loaded what I needed to listen to on my Pink I-pod. Not to mention my Black I-pod. I just love it. Yet, I love listening to radio stations that I have pre-programmed on my CD so when I pass through an area that I located a radio station that I just had to remember - I automatically programmed into memory. So, you see that CD player is something that I still love to use.

Besides the music I usually have a bag of chips, or a bag of beef jerky and then a bottle or two of Cola-Cola. I have learned to take a small pillow and that’s that. I also bring my book of Sudoku, but since there is no light to really work from and I am travelling at night I only do Sudoku at the bus station. I do not want to bother the other people in the bus with my light from above me. I realize that is a small focus of light on my seat area, but I know if the tables were turned I would not want to have the light on as I was sitting, sleeping in my seat.

And that composes what I bring and do on my bus trips to and from Albuquerque.

The bus route that I take basically takes me either South or North on I-25 from Denver and Albuquerque. The other buses that leave at different times take a different route. The route zigzags through Colorado and New Mexico since there are other bus stops in the rural area of Colorado during the day. The only route to by pass all those routes is the late night bus. Thank goodness. I know the other route are not that much longer, but only seems that way when you know the bus is taking the road less traveled.

The picture on today's post was intended for an earlier post, but did not happen - so here you go readers. That is a picture of one of the dogs (Our ranch dogs) that I have caught in the middle of a sneeze.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: