Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another Fallen Athlete this year


Greetings Readers

Once more, another "Fallen Athlete" in the world. I hate to see my people I adore get caught and/or accused of a banned substance. The latest victim announced her retirement this afternoon.

Martina Hingis. I do not know the facts nor the entire story, which I am sure will come to pass in the next 24 hours. Since this was released this afternoon I only have the basic information. Cocaine was apparently "found" by an outside agency during the Wimbledon event. Wimbledon has not commented on the 3rd party findings. I really do not know what to think. Yes, there is a possibility. And the only thing I can think of is perhaps if she did do the cocaine it would not have been during the actual event. Perhaps at home, at night, at a party, and only then. She is not that stupid to do during right before a tournament match.

I only say that is because in the past - Jennifer Capriati had to go to rehab for her drug problem. Hingis is a lot older that Capriati when Jennifer had her incident, but who knows and is it really important?

I do not hate Hingis nor have my views of Hingis changed when I read this news, but I am very sad this has been reported. I even got a lump in my throat reading the article about how Hingis was trying to hold her emotion in at the press conference. That is what is pictured on today's blog

Halloween was a success - I gave out regular sized Nestle Crunch bars and seeing and hearing the reactions from the Treat o Treaters made the price of the candy all worth it. The adults were

Nip / Tuck - the season premiere was very good. I laughed. But I also held my breath a few seconds and said then "oh no." to myself quietly on one scene. That was when Daphne Zungina asked Christian about what would need to be done to her to look good. When Christian responded with "You got any red Lipstick?" I then knew it was going to be awful, but truthful. That is Christan with the red lipstick. We faithful watcher know from previous seasons about the red lipstick

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: