Monday, November 05, 2007

Another November comes to Denver


Greetings Readers

As I finished my Sunday Morning ritual this past Sunday I decided that since sunrise was about 6:30 AM I decided to start breakfast before even getting started on the paper.

I know that you readers probably do not want a play by play recap, but sorry - I got to type a little blurb.

I was peeling the potatoes for the Hash Browns and as I have stated before I know how to multi-task, so bearing that in mind I decided that I could read the Sunday Comics while peeling and hashing the potatoes

I happened to stumble across the comic... "Pearls before Swine". Sorry readers this is not a comic I read, but my choices were limited since I was hashing and had no free, dry, clean hands to turn the comics page. I was stuck reading the other comics on the page that was laid out on the kitchen counter until I came to a stopping point.

Hence, I had to look up the name of the comic - "Pearls before Swine".

Getting back to the story. The comic in question was me to a "T". I make no excuses nor do I have to give you one readers. I sort of do that when I need to listen to the people around me - I think that the percentage is about 20 % that I would have my music low or not on, but I will still wear the earphones. You would think people would get the hint that the music is too loud to hear you.

Unfortunately, in the comic it states that "they don't talk to him" Shit. I wished that would happen to me. I can not count the number of times that I give them the "I do not have a fucking clue what you're saying - so shut the fuck up" look. It is amazing how many people still talk to me. When I point (pantomime) to my ears and turn my head to show my earphones those people still continue to talk. So be it. I have no desire to talk to you nor am I going to pull out my earphones to listen to you. Unless I am fucking you on a regular basis or you and I got rings on our fingers I am not your new friend nor do I want to engage in conversation with you.

I am sure that you are probably the most generous, caring, friendly person on this side of the Rocky Mountains, but in my book at that moment - you are nobody to me. Period.

I do not racial profile, gender profile, old/young profile or the sorts. I could be having a bad moment, or you just struck me wrong, or I want to keep the "transaction" as I am the consumer and you are providing me with a service, which I am paying for.

I do not think everyone is an "Idiot Fathead", I just do not want to talk to you. Pretend, I am deaf and mute, if my actions gets up pissed off. Remember readers, I "thrive off" you being pissed off and should you exert that animosity to me I will feed from that and that would further spurn me to act upon the current situation at hand. I got all day at that counter/check out, if I don't - I will make time. You would be holding up the line for me to answer/listen to you. Or I will talk loud if I know that there is a manager/supervisor near us. And should my actions get your feathers ruffled and I see any signs of ruffled feathers I will make sure that they get more ruffled more often than not.

Readers, people can talk. I have the people in the place of business I visit (grocery store, stores) continue to talk and talk and then stop scanning my purchases just to make me say something or acknowledge them. I give them the stare and then I pull out one of my earphones and say softly and politely "Is there a problem?" They give me like an "excuse me look" or say "excuse me" like Steve Martin did on Saturday Night Live in the days of past. No skin off my back. Scan my stuff and get me the hell out of your face if you do not like the way I am acting towards you.

Otherwise, about 80 % percent of the time I am listening to music and unable to hear you.

Okay, Okay, Okay. I have talked to my friends and co-workers and most would agree that I am being rude for not saying anything at all. Sorry. I stated this before and still state for the record - I decide on who I am and who I am not going to talk to. I have reason(s), but I am under no obligation to tell you. I am in control of who I want to talk to or not. Of course at work I am put into situations were I would have to talk to you, then the conversation is pure business - nothing else will be talked about beyond business. Outside work - Everyone has a shot in my book to be ignored. Do I care if you ignore me? Nope. I did not know you before so why should I care now that you are hurt/pissed off that I am not talking/conversing to you now.

Yet, if those same people do decide to "grow a pair" and confront me. The next time I come to the place of business where I am the consumer and see you working I will make a bee line to your counter/check out and exert some sort of payback (verbal, non-cussing conversation for me) for the previous encounter you decided to "grow a pair" with my load of item(s). I do not cuss at you nor yell, but I have my verbal skills of confrontation to put you in your place. Not to mention that I know the phone number of the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Get the fuck out of here.

In closing, I have my regulars that I know and I will stand their line to be checked out by them. I do not care if your line is free I will wait for the person I know as opposed to you who I probably do not want to know or could care less about. Oh yes, I treated the people I know now once the same way before, but after a while I decided to talk to them and in time I have come to know them as friends. As those "veterans" have to come to know me as the guy who bikes to their store - rain, snow and sun, not to mention these regulars get introduced to my parents when they visit me in Colorado. If I introduce you to my parents then that means a lot in my book and vice versa my parents know that these "select" people mean something to me than just acquaintences.

Yet, in contradiction I do not let the current "woman" at the time meet my parents, but that does not mean I think the woman is not worthy to me. I do not know why, but I just do not introduce any of the women I am dating to my parents. Perhaps that could be a subject for another blog post. =-)

This topic got longer than I thought it would, but I had to address and type like crazy before I lose the train of thoughts and I know the post is not thoroughly put together. For that - I apologize.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: