Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Weekend Holiday - The 1st Day

Greetings Readers

Well I have a bit of time and I have decided to write something short.

The first day of a three day weekend and also the another mini-vacation since I just came back from a vacation on Wednesday.

I do not think that I have told you readers that I belong to the Coke rewards program. Anyway, I have some points to spend and I have finally reached the level I thought I could not get to. I am thinking about cashing in and get a DVD player. Granted, I am sure that the DVD played is under $ 100 in the stores but the thought of a "free" DVD player is really nipping me in the buds. However, there is a lot of Coca-Cola items that are also very cool. Unique and not available anywhere, so to speak.

Woo-Hoo - I finally got my last bike back from the bike shop that I turned in a month ago. I could say "Tracey", but most of you readers would wonder why finally I got Tracey back from the bike shop after a month. She got her annual checkup and not to mention some new parts. I could not believe how much parts were worn out after 5700 miles in three years. Of course Heidi is over 50,000 miles, but she only got the "free" lifetime check up. I am not sure that the cost of getting her repaired would be a cost that I could do. Granted, she's my first, but she needs so much work. Anyway. Tracey is a few pounds lighter (I got new rims) and she is ready for my daily commute to work. Gosh-Damn - she has new rims, new middle ring, new cables, cassette, & brake pads. And some other minor things. Yes, I spent alot, but the cost will outweight me using the next good bike at home. The picture on today's blog is of Tracey and me.

By the way readers, it took so long because I told them to take their time. I believe in them getting the job done on my bike the attention that I need to them to do. I do not want to rush people nor let them work with a deadline on my bike since some people could rush the job in sakes of making the customer happy. Sure I want my bike right away, but I also want people to take "pride" in working on my bike(s). Selfish? Arrogant? You bet, but I do expect the best when dealing with my bikes. I take pride in my bikes and what I do biking.

I hate to say this, but I am thinking that Tracey is too pretty now and I do not want her to get dirty, rained on, or used. I am really thinking getting Heidi fixed up. She is over 6 years old and is my babe from the beginning. Who knows. I did get my tax refund back so I have some money to use, if needed.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
T
he Fallen Athlete

No comments: