Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Alcohol information, sort of

Greetings Readers

I want to write about beer. Beer. I only drink beer from a bottle, mostly straight from the bottle. I do not drink a beer from the can. Why?

Well, I do not want to be remembered of the old college days of drinking that cheap beer from beer cans. Busch, Coors, well not even coors, Milwaukee's Best, Strohs, etc. Gosh Darn I sure did enjoy those days of drinking and partying, but somehow I have associated that any beer that comes from a can I think of my college days.

One may say that I am relating drinking beer from a can a "red neck" thang. But that is not that case. I could care less.

With beer. I will not drink the "cheap" beer. Absolutely not! I guess our definition of "cheap beer" differ among us. But the beer that I listed above is exactly what I consider cheap. Although, I do enjoy every once in a great while MGD (Miller Genuine Draft - Long necks) and import Corona.

I only drink beer that were from bottles or that "oil can" from Australia. Hah hah. I enjoy the dark beers mostly. If I have to name a few for you readers I would say Redhook, Corona, Guinness, Tractor, to name a few. I am very open to new micro brews. But they can not be Strawberry or any sort of berry flavor or have chocolate in the beer. I am sure that it is good, but I am not going to take the chance to find out.

I will not drink, Bud, Coors, Michelob, basically none of the domestics. Of course, there are exceptions. Such as, If I am at the National Western Stock Show there is basically domestic beer, for all those cowboys, available and if I remember correctly, there other beer that is available is some sort of red beer - Killian's red, I think. So, if I am craving a beer at the Stock show yes I will succumb to the Domestic beer and will usually get an MGD.

If there was free "cheap" beer in a can would I drink it? No. Sorry, I am not going to taste that "cheap" beer. Those people who drink beer regularly do say that there is a difference in taste, but to me - It is all the same.

So if any of you women out there looking for the non-cheap beer drinking guy well here I am. I only stock the fridge with the "good" stuff. Of course, there is the Absolute in the Freezer, Tequila, Triple Sec and Kaula in the Refrigerator. And then the cooking liquor "Jack Daniels" in the back. Okay readers, I do occasionally mix good old Jack with Coca-Cola. MMMMM. good.

I am also a wine lover. I have my periods when I crave my wine, then I am good for a few months. I also like a good wine when I am watching one of my good drama shows on TV.

I thought to blog on this since this subject came up and they wonder why I do not drink beer from a can or drink the "cheap" beer. You readers are getting to know me and I thought to add this to the ever growing list of useless knowledge.

Do I drink regularly? I would say no. Only when the mood hits. I just can not drink for the sakes of drinking. Or having something to drink since I have it in my household. It is nice to know that I can have a drink anytime, since I have liquor on hand.

Oops, I remembered my brother's birthday, but I forgot to blog about it on Monday.

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

Stefan said...

I'm also a big fan of Redhook. I'm with you on avoiding canned beer. I've also heard that there are health risks with canned beer but that could just be an urban legend.