Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Farewell Kim Clijsters

Greetings Readers

So, I really have nothing to blog about today. Or you could say that nothing has pissed me off yet.

I saw the Spiderman 3 Movie. The movie was good, but not great. I was restless and fidgeting in my seat when the scenes just "dragged" on. The initial run-in of the Goblin and Peter Parker at night was a "messy" scene The scene was at night, the goblin had a dark suit, Peter was wearing a gray suit. Both of them flying, turning around in the air with the camera moving around was too much too follow. The crane scene was not very exciting.

Was there any good things that I thought? Yes. I enjoyed "the Sandman". I wish there was more about him. Venom was a big, big disappointment. I think that his screen presence was only about 10 minutes, in my opinion. Yes, the movie showed his origin, then getting together with the Sandman, and then the end of the movie. But that was it. Nothing more on or about Venom.

To me this is a bit of sad news. Kim Clijster has officially called herself retired - retirement. "Aussie" Kim announced that she is done and briefly gave a statement. The AP writer who wrote the story basically quoted her Kim she was tired of getting warmed up each day of tennis and it was taking longer and longer to do. Also, loss of motivation and play was a factor. Yes, Aussie Kim is on the left side of the Picture posted on today's blog.

I do not want to quote or incorporate the AP writers article, but basically that was the jest of the news. So, as of last Thursday, that was Clijster's last match.

Little did I know that my January Blog of "Aussie" Kim would technically be the last major that Kim would be in.


I am glad I was able to state how I felt about Kim and I still do feel the same way now. I do not think that anyone will come close to the playing style that Kim had on the court.

Davenport - Gone, Clijsters - Gone, who's next? I hope it is not Hingis.

Farewell Aussie Kim and I hope the best for you in retirement - Goodbye.

until the next time readers.

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

1 comment:

idiotsgalore said...

Great post! A lot of people will definitely miss her