Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Back to Colorado - Catch up

Greetings Readers

I am now back from vacation. I have a lot of passages and also some notes that I have found interesting that were from the Albuquerque Journal. I do not have them organized nor do I have them with me so it will be a day or so until I get to them.

The weather back in Colorado is very, very cool compared to New Mexico. By the way readers, I only stopped in Grants, New Mexico since that was the closest town for an internet / phone connection. Our ranch is not even close, but it is the closest town, so to speak.

Woo - Hoo - The French Open is almost here. Sunday is the big day. You know readers am not sure if I am ready for the time change once more. At least this time there is only an eight hour time difference, I think. Definitely better than Australia. I wore myself out for two weeks trying to watch live coverage. Haas and Murray have withdrawn, which I just read. By the way readers, the picture that graces my blog is the one and only Martina Hingis.

Now, while I was incommunicado my only source of news was radio, via CNN hourly updates, I happen to hear that Landis was on the stand and that he had revealed a "dark secret" of Greg LeMond. I could not believe I heard this correctly and I had to wait another hour until the CNN hour update happened. If you fairly recent readers that have come across this blog I doubt that you know that Greg LeMond is the person I look up to and still respect in the cycling world. He was the person that got me really into biking. But I did not like the way Greg LeMond commented on Armstrong years back. But I digress..

S
o Floyd tells Greg LeMond's secret that was told to him to his manager and then that is where I lost why it matters with the doping of Floyd Landis. Anyway, I am a bit peeved that Floyd would even consider this bit of information on his doping.

Granted, I know not how it pertains to his doping, but I did see at lunch this was "big" news. I mean what does this info go with Floyd's doping?! I can not call Floyd - a piece of shit - but considering what I have read in the past 30 minutes that is about what sums up what I think about him. Going further this is not going to bide well with other riders/captains/managers in the cycling world. I can not help to think that Floyd is digging himself a hole that he will never emerge from, but it is looking so very much like that. Alleged doping, could be the 1st first person to be stripped of the Tour de France, a 2 year ban, revealing secrets to others. Oh, just thinking about this more and more is getting me riled up.

I will read more about Floyd's hearings and Greg's announcement last Thursday and see what I am missing, if anything, why this "dark" secret relates to his doping. Sorry readers this is not a subject that I have researched before blogging, but the news to was something that I had to comment on immediately. So forgive me if I am missing something that does not make sense in my blog.

Giro d'Italia - Petacchi won today's stage. Andrea Noe has the overall lead in the Tour. McEwen has withdrawn to prepare for the Tour de France. Tomorrow -

"The mountainous route from Scalenghe to Briancon, in the Haute Provence region, is one of the toughest of the 21-leg race: uphill from the start to the 9,002-foot Colle Dell'Agnello in the Alps -- the highest point of this year's Giro."

Anyway, time for me to go.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: