Friday, May 11, 2007

The McDonald's Incident - almost

Greetings Readers

I guess I will start with the picture that has made my day "right" again. I see that
http://www.myfoxcolorado/ on the Blogs tab I have had another photo selected for the community pages. I am not sure if there are not enough pictures for them to chose from. Our I am just that darn beautiful. I know, I know, get the fuck out of here. Hah hah. Well, I got to get the laughs from myself if I am not going to get them from someone/anyone else.



Just Be
DJ Tiesto

Now, onto the story that sort of got me almost bent out of shape this morning. I decided that I was hungry this morning. Well, let me say that I was craving a McMuffin of some sort. I knew not what I wanted. And I would not have a clue until I actually got to the counter.

So, I got to the McDonald's Lonetree at 9800 South Yosemite; Lonetree, CO 80124. When I walked in I could smell the hash browns. That was what got my attention first and the McMuffin no longer seemed appealing. Yet, I thought to myself that a Combo meal would be just fine. I walk up to the counter and asked

"So, tell me what is the most popular combo that people choose?"

I said this very nicely. Well, I must of got the "immigrant" who does not understand what I just said or was not going to answer my question. She looks at me mumbles something and points to the menu and says...

"The meals are up there" or something to that effect.

"I know where the menu is, but what is the popular McMuffin that people chose?"

Well, she just looks at me and gives me the "I can wait" attitude. Well readers, you can figure out where this is going. I looked at her a few seconds back and I knew that this was going to be like talking to a "mutt" dog. I then said

"I will have the Sausage Egg Muffin. Number 2."

She says to me
"2?"

"Yes. Number 2"

"You want 2?"

"I will have number 2" and I hold up two digits of my fingers, like the universal "peace sign."

"You want two number two's?"

Check this readers. Sure I was mad, but not mad in the sense that she did not understand. Two can play this fucked up exchanged. I pull out the other ear phone from my right ear and got up in her face and said slowly

"I want combo meal number 2. period"

She opened her mouth to most likely say that I wanted two orders. But it must of been the look in my eyes and she shut that fucking partly open mouth of hers and rung my order up. Oh you bet I checked the display on the register and sure as shit that immigrant knew who owned this conversation.

I have to state this readers and I am sure that my faithful readers know that there was going to be a "throw down" if she charged me for two. A "throw down" by meaning that I was going to raise the roof in Lonetree. I have no problem making a spectacle when I am right. Granted, there were only two other customers in McDonald's but I would do the "throw down" just to get myself worked up. And honestly, I "feed off" the energy of showing that this fucking customer "is right"

Well, I gave her my cash and then she proceeded to give me my change. So she had her hand cupped with the coins and then the bills in between her fingers. I was still a bit worked up that I had to repeat myself several times. Yep you heard me right readers I actually let this immigrant get away with me repeating myself more than two times. As soon as she dumped the coins in my hand I immediately took my left away and then held out my right hand as far to her left that it did not look to obvious what I was doing. I made sure that she had to work to give me my money back to me. Uh-uh. You do not "played dumb" with this customer. Needless to say she gave me a quick look and I could see that she wanted, so wanted, to say something. By then there was this small smile on my face and knew she better not try her luck any further than she did.
So she had to move her right hand to her left and I did not make any attempt to move my hand any further closer to her hand.

I did not get the last word though. Of all the McMuffins pre-made I got the one that was black, burnt on the very edge of the muffin. I took about two seconds to decide whether to take this up with the Manager or LIG. Needless to say, I smiled big and lightly laughed at myself while shaking my head with the attitude of unbelievable. The Sausage McMuffin was not bad, but I only ate about half the McMuffin and demolished the Hash Browns.

LaMont would say that was Karma. I would not say that.

Readers, in case I do not blog this weekend you better wish/call that mother and say "Happy Mother's Day"

until the next time readers

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: