Thursday, February 03, 2011

A fucking heat wave, in a manner of speaking

Greetings Readers

As the post states... A "heat wave"

I was actually enjoying the nice break from the negative and single digit temperatures.

Also, we got another round of snow so I am still riding Lily.

This picture was taken about 6:30 P.M. I used the auto correct on the picture so the picture is way lighter than it way. It was pretty dark, pretty slick and where I was riding I was the only traffic that had come through in a while. Also, snow was falling lightly.

You may think I am a bad ass for riding in this weather, but I have to state that I am not as bad of a bad ass that I know of. She rides in Alaska and has a fucking nice bike for this type of weather, knows how to dress warm for the Alaska cold and does this with a smile. We Coloradoans experience real cold from time to time and this a period of time that we going through right now.

I do get bundled up and ready to ride in this cold excited, but then I think of that one woman in Alaska and she has so much more bad ass factor than me that she puts me into place - yet that draws a smile from me.

LOL.

Anyway, I thought me crouching next to this concrete wall would make a good picture. And I think it does.

Enjoy the weekend fellow Denverites.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: