Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Denver Post Sunday Paper

Greetings Readers

I blogged perhaps a year or two ago about the Sunday Morning paper and me.

I had a ritual for every Sunday Morning.

However, that ritual was broken when the Denver Post Sunday Paper got smaller, the Sunday paper costs going up and the eventual disappearing of the Sunday comic I loved to read on Sunday.

Also, the news was not that exciting anymore. I admit the other reason why I bought the Sunday paper was for the ads. The ads. Sales and sales to be looked and analyzed over and over.

But, Damn if I was going pay 50 cents more to read a smaller paper when I can get the info from the TV and Internet.

Yet, February 6, 2011 I decided to buy another Sunday Paper. After all, it has been just a year since I bought my last Sunday Denver Post Paper. And I only bought the Sunday Paper back at that time for the same exact reason. Granted, I could have found the information that I was looking for on the Internet, but thought what the fuck I can splurge the $ 1.50 for one paper.

Note: Readers, I have bought many, many Sundays in the past two years, but those are the Albuquerque Journal and only when I am vacationing down in New Mexico.

What? Why did I buy the Sunday Denver Post Paper.

The only reason why I bought the Denver Post, that is, the Sunday Denver Post was for the announcement of the bike tour I did a couple of years ago. No drum roll. It is the announcement of the Ride the Rockies 2011.

I have to admit that I am now looking to see what the route would be the new year. I am not impressed by the route itself. And the starting line is not even a place I thought would be a Ride the Rockies start. Granted, I never new where the starting point of any Ride the Rockies prior to my participating in 2009. And there is an explanation why I did not care/know.

Last year, the Ride the Rockies 2010 started in Grand Junction and if I remember correctly ended in Salida, CO. I actually thought it was nice route and even thought about applying, but decided not to.

Anyway, here we are. I will give it a thought, perhaps two, but I do not think that I will be applying for this year's Ride the Rockies. I will have to look at the Mountain Passes as well as the towns that the stops will be at for me to even consider applying for a spot. I am not impressed and after all I can already state that I have done the Ride the Rockies.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: