Sunday, April 26, 2009

2009 Green Festival - Denver

Greetings Readers

I visit a blog that I frequent on a weekly basis.

I see that there is going to be a bike event incorporated into a "Green" convention in Denver, Colorado at the Colorado Convention Center on May 2 & 3, which its theme is something Green…


Oh here it is - Green Festival

Anyway, specifically at 3 PM on Saturday, May 2, you could sign up to show off your bike and tell what/why it is (so) special or makes your bike what it is. From what I read either the bike’s owner or a model walks your bike down a runway and the MC speaks about the bike being walked down the walkway.

“It’s all about the wheels” I heard whispering in my head. The bike, my bike, with the HED. rims are a medium grade road bike. However, with the HED. rims the bike is so much more than just a medium grade road bike.

And that’s that. The HED. rims are what makes Andrea great. Otherwise, without the rims Andrea is just a “plain Jane” Andrea. Andrea has aero bars, tri water bottle holder on the rear of the bike and bandanna wrapped handlebars. Andrea is really nothing special. I only chose to put the HED. rims on her since the HED. rims match the color scheme of the rims.

With that being said I do not see how me filling out the application would show or represent a benefit – Green-wise. Except, looking good when riding to and from work. Yet. Yet Readers, I would have to admit it would be kind of cool, or in the words of my ex-co-worker “just so awesome” to see a bike, my bike, which would look great, going down a runway in the Colorado Convention Center. After all, I bought the wheels to get attention

Anyway, I think I have until midnight on Monday to fill the form out...

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: