Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sad News Readers

Greetings Readers

I never ask for something awful/bad/terrible to happen during this time of the year to affect me directly or indirectly.

However, I am very sad to report that my close friend's son passed away this past week. I was shocked and perhaps I am a bit still shocked. When I heard some lyrics to a song that may reference something about lost I can not help to get choked up. Then again, the song may have that certain vibe and I can not helped not to get choked up and think of what just happened this past week. I have been busy with month and year end close and not to mention a pot luck day that I have been able to really think about what happened to my friend.

I do hope my friend will overcome this tragedy. I do not how to react nor how to say anything for what has happened. Damn if I can write, but Damn if I can not find the words to comfort anyone on a tragedy like this. A card and flowers were sent this week.

Why did something like this have to happen indirectly to me? Another reason in my "why I do not like this time of the year" column.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: