Friday, December 19, 2008

Qdoba Girl - 7 Days later...

Greetings Readers

I am nervous, very nervous. It will be just about a week since giving my Qdoba girl a Christmas card. Also, suggesting that we go out for a bite to eat or grab a cup of coffee even though I do not drink coffee. Readers, I will force myself to drink coffee if she does agree to go out for a cup of coffee.

But that is jumping the gun.

I am wondering how my visit will go later on today. Oh yes Readers, I have to go tonight. I have to go since it is my regular thing to go to Qdoba’s every Friday now. I am assuming that if I do not show up I might cause my Qdoba girl to think twice about what happened last Friday.

Believe me, I have been thinking about what I did last Friday and the train of possibilities that are now in motion. What if she says she’s involved? What if she says no to me? What if I made things awkward? What if she called and I was not home? What if…?

And so goes the list. I have talked to my friends and they have all agreed that I need to go to Qdoba’s tonight since that is something I do regularly. Then, they have all agreed that I must not, DO NOT, bring up the Christmas card. Let her bring it up, and then I can comment on it. Then, make sure I dine in. Do not make the burrito to go. This will give my Qdoba girl the opportunity to talk to me at the table in case she does not talk about the Christmas card while serving me.

All sounds good, but then I am seeing the other side – what if she outright shoots me down. I will be sad, but I need to know. After all, all this time I have been trying to ask Qdoba girl out.

I have been joking/talking with my friends about if it does not go well I will be crying on their shoulders come next week. Hah hah. Yes, I am kidding. I am not putting everything on this girl. I will be okay, but like anyone else I am subject to being rejected.

Our relationship on the whole is great. Me as the customer and her as the producer - things are going great, in my view. I order, she makes and we talk as if we are close friends. I do (did not) want to ruin that, but as I wrote Readers I am finding myself looking at her more and more each time I see her. Not love, but lust and yes Readers I do find her as “my type.” Although my friends are surprised it is not a blonde.

In closing if she says no, I will try to sway her. Yet, I bet I am going to have to change my Friday visit back to a Sunday visit, which in turn I will not see her. Though this is from the top of my head. I do not want to cut her out of my life, but that may be the only thing to do. And I say this since I was at that store first. Also, this Qdoba’s is the closest Qdoba’s to my humble abode

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: