Friday, May 22, 2009

May Day - An Award Plaque Day

Greetings Readers

I am very proud of my parent’s plaque they received at the end of last year – 2008.

My parents received a wooden plaque from the Sandoval County 4-H Amigos.

How many of my Blog Readers can admit to their parents getting something like that? There was even a dinner thrown for my parents, but they did not know about the dinner until after it had taken place. This was due to very limited phone access and our mailbox being 50 miles away. My parents did apologize to them and explained that they did not get the notice until after it was over.

You Readers may or may not know, but I do respect my parents very much. So, when I saw an award plaque hanging at the Ranch and heard the story I was moved to tell and show you Readers of my parent’s recognition.

Yes Readers, I have taken out my parent’s name on the picture. If it is that important then I am sure that you Readers could perhaps find out, but otherwise I protect the privacy of my parents.

The plaque is hanging in between the kitchen and living room in my parent’s humble abode for all to see should we have company. After all, how many can brag that they were honored by 4-H in our area of New Mexico.

I am bragging Readers and I am not going to apologize for bragging. I am happy to tell you Readers this. There is nothing for me to be ashamed of. My parents helped out and were recognized at the end of 2008. The plaque may be just a plaque, but to me and my parents – it means a lot to be recognized for helping out.

I know Readers, some Readers do not care and could care less and I do believe in your opinions and views. If the roles were reversed I too may or may not think this means anything at all.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley

The Fallen Athlete

No comments: