Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Inception - DVD and Blue Ray release

Greetings Readers

I picked up a few copies of the movie Inception on Tuesday. One for me and the others as gifts.

I know this movie is not worthy of Picture of the Year, by a long shot. Yet, this was far the best movie I have seen this year.

I did see the movie on it's Thursday's midnight showing down at the old/new Southglenn mall area this past summer.

I found the movie interesting. And I have to admit that when the local movie theater up the street went to $ 5.00 dollar a movie every Tuesday I made several trips to see that movie for $ 5.00 dollars.

So, when the release date for the DVD / Blue Ray copy was announced this was a no brainer to buy for my collection.

Me and a friend went to Best Buy and we both got the exclusive limited edition to Best Buy Blue Ray combo pack. With the movie came the movie script as well as some notes and conceptual artwork.

The Blue Ray is packed with stuff, but I only listened to the movie soundtrack and the watched the three trailers that were made for the movie so far. There is still a whole alot of stuff I have yet to watch.

I am interested, but I want to enjoy the movie on how I have interpeted the movie, as well as the ending of the movie, to date.

I do not think there is any Oscar award nomination acting in the movie so if you are looking for that - it is not present.

I think I have said this before, but the reason why I like the movie is the concept of dreaming and the relationship to the real world. Like the tub of water and the water filling Cobb's dream.

I know from personal instances that first ray of sunlight lighting up my room has had an effect in my dream and eventually wake up remembering why I woke up coming from a dream that I just dreamt.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: