Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Come Back..."

Greetings Readers

Am I going to follow a path down to depression with the certain events that have happened in the past month? Depression is too strong of a word to use, perhaps a sadness I have not felt in years.

I hope not. I do hope not.

I was watching the movie Inception again and I think everything in my life just bombarded me and then the scene at the end of the movie when Cobb goes looking for Saito was playing at that moment.

He is eating a bowl of food, remembering, looking, helping and old looking Saito to remember.

The music sets the tone of the scene.

"Come back..."

Then, the scene switches to the 747 first class cabin. Cobb blinks and looks up and around. Then, camera view pans from left to right starting with Arthur. The music is low and so melodic and fitting after what has happened to that point in the movie. Arthur looks at Cobb, looks down, then looks up at Cobb with a smile. The smile says it all - we did it Cobb. You came back, my friend. The camera continues to pan right and then we see Ariadne slumped low in her first class cabin sleep and looking at Cobb directly. The look of confidence.

Lastly, Cobb's view continues to pan right and stops on Saito. Saito is also slumped in his first class cabin seat. He looks at Cobb, seeing him again but not as an old man, but young again. He then reaches for the phone and makes the call.

The scene is nothing to write about, except for me, perhaps. The scene showing the happiness and all of them making it back from the dream levels, as well as Limbo.

I think it is safe to say if you have not seen a friend in a while you can not help not to smile, acknowledge them and just know you have their friendship.

Cobb walking in the airport terminal seeing his team that went down into Inception with him. It was a glance a times when he saw his one of his team members, but then there was the quick glimpse for a second for other team members before walking on.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: