Monday, November 03, 2008

A Bottle of Rodney Strong

Greetings Readers

Pictured is my bottle of wine that I treated myself to buy this past weekend. It is Rodney Strong and she cost me 48.99 and change. Oh yes, almost fifty dollars.

Was this a lot for a bottle of wine to purchase for myself? Yes it was, but I wanted to say that I bought a $ 50.00 dollar bottle of wine. To me that is pretty nice, but not as my ex-co-worker would, say “awesome.”

If any of you faithful Readers have been following along you probably would assume that this purchase would not be unusual for me to do. If I want quality in alcohol then I will make the effort to buy quality. After all, I never, ever want to be reminded of my college days when I drank fucking cheap beer, twist off wine cap bottles, and hard liquor from a plastic bottle. Note Readers, plastic bottles of alcohol in my past was “cheap” alcohol and I guess that what it was probably targeted for the college kids, such as myself back in the day, and others who could not afford the good alcohol in the glass bottles.

“Go Green” and “recycling” was not as big as it now.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a picture of my exquisite bottle of wine. Who knows when I am going to open this bottle of wine? I have no set plans for the bottle of wine to be open. Though I have to admit there is some possibility of hope and wanting to share this bottle of wine with the Qdoba girl. I do not have a clue if she drinks wine, would like wine or evens drinks. Yet, I have the bottle in mind for that occasion. However, should an occasion for me to open the wine happen then by all means I would crack the cork and have a nice glass of wine.

I would have to say that bottle of wine is not even close to my Single Barrel of Jack Daniels, since I regard the Single Barrel Jack Daniels as off limits to drinking. Yet, since buying those two bottles of Single Barrel Jack Daniels over a month ago I did open one bottle and did mix the Single Barrel Jack Daniels with Coca-Cola. Oh my fucking gosh, that was the best mixed drink I drank. Quality Jack and Coca-Cola together were great. I also have used the Single Barrel Jack Daniels to cook with. Oh yes Readers, I actually used some to cook with. For me to do that is taboo, but since I have “extra” I made the decision to use some for cooking – steaks and roast, basically using for meats.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: