Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wimbledon 2008 - Day 8

Greeting Readers

Fuck me readers - I am losing posts left and right to this new keyboard that I have. I am not sure if the keyboards that have been made have the keys in slightly different places, but it is that fucking "Start key" that is in the lower left hand corner of the keyboard that is causing the fucking problem. It is nestled between the Control key and Alt key and near the Shift Key. Bad fucking placement.

So, I am going to have to start over once more.

Greeting Readers

So, Do you think that Andy Murray is imitating me? I do this sort of pose every now and then. Along with the showing of the tight, toned thigh muscles that I have.

It was Monday afternoon and I was listening to the Court 1 tennis playing, when I hear a roar that was being heard on court 1 from Centre Court. I was currently into the match that was playing on Court 1. Then, the commentators had said that Murray held Gasquet from winning a set match point. I continued to listen to Court 1 then a minute later another roar from the audience that could be heard in the background.

Enough was enough - I stopped listening to my match and switched to Centre Court. Apparently 15,000 tennis fans were in Centre Court cheering on Andy Murray from the brink of being eliminated from Wimbledon. Two sets down and almost three set in matter of points. In addition to the Centre Court fans there was about 15, 000 tennis fans outside Centre Court on "Mount Murray" watching the match on a giant Jumbotron.

As I tuned in Centre Court the commentators were very lively and were also behind Murray for a comeback, a save from being eliminated. Each point that Murray saved a thunderous roar came from Mount Murray and Centre Court. Which in turn fueled such animation from Andy Murray. The look of determination, but with the fist pumps and the "Come on" Andy was feeding off the energy off Centre Court.

I am happy to say that Murray won the Third set and there was going to more play! Amazing. What transpires will go down in history of Wimbledon of the Murray Comeback on Monday 06/30/08.

Murray fought and played and eventually won the fourth set making it 2-2 and setting up the crucial fifth set.

The time was 9:30 pm UK Time and we, the radio listeners, could hear that darkness was filling in Centre Court. Was play going to be stop? Was it going to be continued? We just did not know.

Play was not stopped and then the Murray made the play that ended Richard Gasquet's bid to advance to the next round. Murray then showed his bicep just like I do. It was only a second or two, but it was the shot that was heard around the world.

That my readers is what Grand Slams are all about. Murray is UK's player since Tin Henman retired from Tennis. It was an amazing match to listen to since Britain was routing for their player to win. I too, was cheering at my desk for Murray.

When, I got home that evening I was going to watch this match. I wanted to see what I heard. Though, I did not want to really hear those TV commentators I so dread to hear. To see the faces and motions Murray did towards the end of the third set was, as my ex-co-worker would say "just so awesome."

Andy was on a mission and he was fierce about coming back from 2 sets down. And we saw and heard this from Murray.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: