Thursday, December 14, 2006

The RTD Light Rail incident in Lonetree, CO


Greetings People

Well, I guess... er I know, my mood has gotten better, improved one might say, over the past 24 hours.

As I have mentioned in the past, I think. Well, maybe not on this blog, but sometimes "It is the little things in life that might bring a smile to your face"

Well, I walking to the light rail station after work yesterday. Still full of piss and vineager one might say. Actually, I would relate myself to was that I was walking with attitude and the chip on my shoulder from when I woke up was still there. Oh yes, sometimes you wake up with an attitude and that stays for the whole day. As was the case with me on this particular day. So, I was walking with my head high, taking long strides and with the face of "Don't fuck me with" mood all over.

A woman was "pacing" from which I saw from a distance, but I thought she was just waiting for the light rail started making a straight line for me and I knew she had her sights on me, but I gave no acknowledgement of her. I kept my eyes straight and my stride was still strong. Then, those immortal words were spoken by her "Excuse me. excuse me." I had picked up my pace so she actually had to pick up her pace in order to intercept me from getting by her. Oh, I nearly lost my cool. I did not want to do a survey tonight, nor could I fucking care less about how you have no money and need to borrow a dollar to get home. As you readers know, I have my Russian "girlfriend" asking for money and you know that outcome. I was not even going to give any money away - especially today. And more importantly no dollar to an American woman this evening.

So, getting back to story I turned my head to her, showed my "who the fuck do you think you are?!" face and said "yes" in cold, terminator voice. She then start a speel and I gave her less than 10 seconds in my mind to wrap it up. She said she was sorry on behalf of RTD and please accept this gift from her, RTD. I might of mentioned before - I was wound up, like a crack ho needing some drugs, and I said something to the effect "what is the catch?!" I was still having the attitude and I was not going to give her any of my information nor was I going to sign any papers. She said "Nothing. free." Immediately, I got rid of the attitude and came down from the archs of heaven and joined the rest of the human race on earth and said "thank you" with remorse in my voice. I managed a smile and became submissive in this conversation. I think, I said sorry for my initial "coldness", but I did follow up with more thank you's since the initial thank you I said.

The gift was a $ 5.00 dollar gift card to Starbucks. I hate to say this, but that $ 5.00 dollar gift card turned my day right around. Not just because of $ 5.00 dollars, but the gift itself. I thought and have been thinking about buying my Large Mocha Frap with whipped cream in my "OG" coffee mug from the 90's tomorrow.

In closing, yes I am human and yes I have my days where I want to be left alone. I realize how bold it was her to approach me in what I am sure she saw hostilty in me. She took her chance with me and now I post my "I am sorry" to her even though she will never know most likely.

Until the next time readers...

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: