Tuesday, December 19, 2006

6 days before the day of reckoning


Greeting People

So, I am thinking about going on vacation for Christmas, but I will not be taking any extra days off. I will have to make use of the days that have been granted to me and I will see if that will be enough. Well, I guess that will have to be okay, since I did not schedule any days off. My parents are in a different state and the drive is about 8 hours – no less. So, I have a day of traveling then one day of rest and then another day of traveling back home. I can do that, but the thought of being out on the road is not very exciting. Although, I will be able to bring my new portable DVD player, which I will be thinking of Julia ,when I watch a movie.

Oh, I forgot I have another incident that happened in Lonetree, CO. I met Tom Green from Channel 2 news on Friday. Yes, I recognized him from the morning show since most of the time I usually have that station going on while I get ready for work. However, lately I have been watching channel 13 (fox news). I basically like seeing Dan Daru once more. Dan was on Channel 2, but he left some time ago, after his wife had a child and now I have discovered that he is now on channel 13. Dan is a character and I have to say that the first few times that I saw him I was appalled, but then I got his sense of humor and now I like watching his reports. Hah hah. So, I digressed….anyway I saw Tom Green coming out of the Recreation center in Lonetree and I immediately recognized the mug. I was walking with someone and I saw secretly “hey is that Tom Green?” I did not want Tom to get high and mighty about himself about someone like me recognizing him. Anyway, I said it to him softly and by that time Tom had reached us so I said “Hi you are Tom Green right” He said yes “and you are?” I said “Daryl Charley” and that was that.

Now, we are bro’s. Kidding. Man we are just like that. Lol. Now readers, you see I can make up anything after this to make this sound interesting. Actually, I have been joking about this to my co-worker about meeting Tom Green. Yesterday, I said I was still in awe of meeting Tom Green and I also mentioned the spot that we met for the first time.

You see – I can milk this incident for all its nothingness, so to speak.

Also of note, I have only ridden three times (total of 10 miles) in the past three weeks. An amazing fact readers! The cold that I had, well still lingering, has kept me off my bikes and it has been cold so that was also a determination factor why I have not been riding. I will have to do some totaling of my bike miles pretty soon. I usually do this about this time of the year and see what sort of miles that I have put on.

Well, this was a random blog, but I thought I had better write something since it has been a few days for me not posting anything. I do have a lot to say, but I need to think about it before blogging.

Until the next time readers

Daryl Charley

The Fallen Athlete

No comments: