Sunday, November 01, 2009

Things I Carry - Part 53

Greetings Readers

1 pair of Jeans (Levi’s zipper)
1 white dress shirt (Van Heusen)
1 pair of dress socks (Geoffrey Beane)
1 red string bikini (Life)
1 brown belt (Eagle’s Nest)
1 bath mat
1 full size bath towel (JC Penney’s)
1 T-shirt (for running at lunch - Ride the Rockies T-shirt)
1 Bandanna (Jack Daniel’s)
1 tie (Oaktree)
1 Hairspray (Paul Mitchell – 16.9 oz)
1 six pack of beer (Deschutes – Black Butte Porter)

I had to take the bath mat and bath towel home to get them washed since those are the two I use at work. I change my towels every week to two weeks. I also had to take the hair spray since I used my last bottle of hairspray at work.

Readers, when I first started “a year of bike commuting” I was once green behind the ears. I carried a gallon zip lock bag to and from work that held all my bath supplies (Shampoo, soap, hair gel, hair spray, hair brush, toothpaste and toothbrush.) I have to admit Readers; I did this for a long time. Then it occurred to me, why don’t I just have two sets – one at work and then one at home. That way it frees up space in my bag. Sure it costs money to do that, but once you start having two sets then it becomes routine and you do not think about the two sets.

Yet, such as now, when I run out of hairspray and have not made the time to buy a new bottle of hairspray I have to transport my hairspray back and forth to and from work.

I remember back in the day when I happened to forget my bathroom shower supplies bag and my hair would be something else without gel and hairspray. The shampooing without a day was all right and for soap I used the liquid soap at work.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: