Wednesday, January 05, 2011

First Post of 2011

Greetings Readers

In order to move forward you have to put the past behind you.

I know this, but this is sometimes very difficult for me to actually to do from time to time. Yet, if it is difficult for me why did Forrest Gump never give it a second thought about putting the past behind him?

I just do not know.

Anyway Readers, I have taken some time off from work and my regular life for about 2 weeks. I said, or say, I think I needed it, but to be honest with myself I really did need the time away from my everyday life. With that said I headed off to the Ranch and sent some time with the family.

Very enjoyable and it took a few days get out of my everyday routine. Granted, I was sleeping on a mattress, in the farthest room from the pellet stove, but I was okay with that. I did bring my laptop and new portable dvd player so I had something to keep me busy/entertained.

With all that said I was able not to think about the things that have happened to me in the past month and started to question myself. And question others. Not second guess myself or others, but to think too much about something that should not be thought about that much in the first place.

I slept, cooked, worked a bit here and there, chopped ice for the animals, rode the four wheeler to name a few things that I did on my vacation. I also watched / listened to a few movies as well as played some Diablo II on my laptop. I realize that is an old computer game, but I was looking for some game that I wanted to load that was not too heavy on the RAM or the hard drive space on the laptop. Also, I borrowed a sub woofer from my brother so I wanted to hear a game an all new way. And let me tell you Readers there is a big fucking difference in the sound. Wow.

See. I was able to put the past behind me once more, but there are just a couple things that I will remember though, but know that I am able not to think about day after day, week after week.

In the next couple of weeks I will perhaps touch on some of the things that I did on my vacation. Like I swear that I saw the splitting image of Uncle Junior at Furr’s Buffet in Albuquerque, NM.!The icy cold weather that kept us in for a few days since it was too too cold to work outside on the Ranch. The three dogs that were shot since they went onto our Ranch property and killed one of Ranch Animals, my “Christmas Present”, my winnings at the toy crane game at the local supermarket – Smith’s, another award (as well as thank you letters) from the 4-H club to my parents for their yearly contribution, the blind calf’s progress, and how I spent my New Year’s Eve (not exciting though).

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: