Monday, January 24, 2011

As my ex-co-worker would say "Awesome"

Greetings Readers

So, I was on my way home when I had to make a stop at the local Supermarket to pick up my lunch for the week – Sunflower.

I have found out that Sunflower does have the cheapest produce, in my opinion, and usually the freshest produce around my part of the town.

I knew where I was going and also was on a mission to get in and out as soon as possible.

A few minutes later I was walking to the check out line – the one that I usually go to.

That was when I saw her. A woman from my past. Actually, it is the one to whom I refer to “as my ex-co-worker would say "Awesome." The very one Readers.

I could not believe it – I think it has been about 5 years since I last saw her.

Nothing bad, nothing good, but honestly Readers I was not in the mood to say “Hey…”

So, I headed to another open check out line, which by the way was only the next one over from her.

I made sure not to make any eye contact over in next line. I kept my eyes focused on my cashier and see how things play out. Meaning, would she initiate a conversation. If she did, so be it. If she does not, then so be it.

I smiled and made small talk with my cashier and played it out like any other time, except not looking around while being checked out. I know. I know. Kind of tough since I do look around.

Lo and behold, I noticed her glancing over in my area, but do not know if she was really looking since I did want her to know I knew she was who she was.

Writing this post – you may wonder why I did not say hi. I could have. But didn’t. I do not know. Again – nothing bad and nothing good. Though I did have a thing for her when I started working with her when I first saw her about 6, 7 years ago.

Anyway, thought to blog about this since it was nice to see her again from a distance. Her curly long red hair, nice profile (and body). I did not see her face, except in profile so I can not remember how she looked before I parted ways (as well as her accident)

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: