Friday, September 25, 2009

Once More - Another Set of Oakleys

Greetings Readers

Well, as much I do not want to admit this to you Readers, well I left my Oakley’s down in the garage’s bathroom where I change for work and home and that was the last time I saw those Oakley’s.

Fuck me.

I noticed I did not bring my sunglasses with until mid-morning. As soon as I noticed I headed downstairs immediately. I grabbed my keys just to check my locker, but I already knew I rarely leave my sunglasses hanging from the clothes inside the locker. I was fucked already knowing that I was fucked.

I searched hi and lo, on the counters, under the bench and inside my locker. To no avail. Oh, before going down to the garage’s restroom I checked my backpack, which I bring to my work area just to be safe that I did accidentally put them in my bag.

After knowing what I knew I headed to our guard station and asked if anyone turned in some sunglasses from the garage. He indicated no, but will he be on the lookout.

Later that day I also checked with the building maintenance man, which I personally know. I asked him if he saw some sunglasses, but he also said no. Matter of fact, the few times I accidentally left my sunglasses down it in garage’s restroom and he was the next person to you the restroom he would personally bring them to my office.

I cussed myself and new that the sunglasses were gone to me forgetting them in the garage’s restroom. Within the hour I knew that I was going to be making a trip to the bank and then going to Cherry Creek Mall to visit the Oakley store once more.

There was no way I could not put this off. I was going to check with the guard in the morning to see if whoever took my sunglasses may have remorse and turn them in the following day, but I was not going to take that bet. After all, I am sure that anyone knows that Oakley sunglasses are very expensive and I would admit that if I found a pair I would say that 95 out of a 100 I too would keep this found treasure.

The imaginary Fred Flintstone whistle blew in my mind and knew I had to get moving before my bank closes and before the night gets too late and I get home very late.

I know Readers that I probably should have waited until the morning to see if the Oakley’s show up and have two pairs of sunglasses. Yes, I would have two sunglasses and perhaps spent money I probably did not have to. However, in this case I would have had an extra sunglass as opposed to not have any sunglasses for another day. Those Oakley M frames are me and I do not want to be seen without them on my face; or on top of my head. Ha ha. The joke is on me – I have succumbed to image is everything.

I met a beautiful young woman in her 20’s that helped me look for a new pair of sunglasses. I would say that it took about 30 minutes before I actually “built” my new Oakley’s I was going to owe that night. Oh Readers, at the Oakley store (in Cherry Creek) you are able to build your own pair of Oakley’s from what they have available. Choose your frame, rubber thingamajig, color of the lens as well as the style of lens you want. There is a good selection though depending on the demand on a certain style they may not have that part in stock. Which you guessed it Readers; they did not have a certain lens style in stock so I was forced to choose another lens style. They did order the style I want, but it will take some time before I will be able to get. Meanwhile, I was not leaving that store without sunglasses.

And so goes the rest of the night. I bought a new pair and eventually got home before 10 PM. A long day – miserable? A bit, but nothing new for me and I am surely betting that this will not be the last time that I have to go to Oakley’s again for another sunglass.

I checked with the guard the next morning and he checked the drawer where lost and found is to see if the other guards put anything in the drawer – nothing.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: