Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ride the Rockies - Day 3

Greetings Readers

Ride the Rockies Update - Day Three - Coming Soon


Update: 06/16/09 @ 8:32 P.M. - Once again I have limited internet access to report that I am still kicking ass and taking names!

Booyah!

Well. Monarch Pass - I fucked the bitch (and banged her all morning long - just kidding) and I can add another pin to my map of Colorado Rocky Mountain Passes that I have climbed on a bike. I would have to say that the 9 miles of climbing today was pretty darn rough. I have to find my grind and keep going with that to the top. Since I have never been over Monarch Pass I had no clue how the road was to the top and on the descent.

I have to say that the beginning that climb was tough and it never let up. The same continious grade and I was just finding my own personal hell and just fucking deal with it.

Wait til I get to tell you Readers about the day before. For 22 miles I was a god. The biking gods may have granted me my strength that day, but in reality it was the big gear training that I have been doing for the past five years. I knew that the last portion of the course - about 30 miles was flat and I knew, just fucking knew that was my time to shine like a mother fucker. I have mentioned in the past about me envisioning myself on the Queen K, but this time I have a 25 mile portion of the ride that I was number one. Not one fucking rider could catch, keep up or even try drafting me. I was that good and fast. I really have to admit I think it was the HED. rims. Just that little difference made all the difference in the world. I was passing rider after rider and keep everyone in my wake. Well, I better stop with that so you can read about it later when I do get back to Denver and be able to transcribe all my shorthand to my blogsite.

By the way, I met Colin in Salida and ... time's up.. sorry Readers...

until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: