Monday, January 04, 2010

Icelandic Glacial - H20

Greetings Readers

Well, well, well, I do not have a clue why I am showing you Readers this picture I took of some advertising of some water that was on the wall of a gas station in Grants, New Mexico when I was down at the Ranch over Thanksgiving Holiday.

Now, seeing this advertising just does not do anything for me. I know perhaps the goal of the poster was for me to associate the two "sultry" women (Well, the Blonde is doing it for me, but the brunette is not since she sort of looks, sort of, what a young Shannon Dorherty would have may looked like.) to the product advertised. Though, the blonde has the looks that do it for me and I would have to say very nice eyebrows that would make me look twice.

What I may have seen in the poster was suggestive advertising with one (or two women) woman. Typically I would not give this ad a second thought, but I saw that the bottle of water was at an angle that was pointing to her mouth. Perhaps suggesting that the bottle was a certain body part. Why? I only noticed this because I would have thought that the bottle would have been placed vertical. Such as those beer bottle ads - Corona on the beach - Bottle straight up on the table. MGD64 - Bottle placed straight up on the waiter's serving platter. And of course my favorite (yeah right) the Blue mountain activated beer - bottle being on a flat surface straight up showing the blue mountains appearing out of nowhere.

Going with that scenario your mind is probably taking in this subliminal advertising and then on top of that your mind sees the two woman who are basically leaning head to head perhaps suggesting a menage a trois. Perhaps. I am not suggesting that is what I thought, but after really looking at the ad I can see how that may be perceived.

Readers, I know I know, Why blog about this. I do not know. Well, perhaps I am excited to get all my SD cards, camera cable and flash drives back. And not because I did "get some" last week.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: