Monday, June 06, 2011

Another friend from my Past

Greetings Readers

Another old friend from my past has surfaced into my life. And wouldn't you know it was during the same time I was working at TCI back in the 1990's.


I have not thought of her in about 5 to 10 years and I think it has been 15 years since I last talked to her.

So, how did this come about?

I was on Facebook on Saturday night and somehow her name just popped into my head. I did a name search and was hoping that I was going to be able to be able at least have a chance to find her among millions of people with that name.

Now, her name is common I think, but I had to be general so that was going to open the searching results even bigger than I wanted. Lo and behold, I got lucky and soon I was looking at a picture that would be a picture of the same woman I saw back in 1990's or so. I just had to imagine that person older and what she would look like in 2011. Not to mention that I do not remember where I have that old picture of her, her daughter and the family dog.

What also helped was that the person's picture I was looking at was the same State that I knew she was in when I last knew her. That helped alot. Minutes later I composed a short message on Facebook and clicked send (or whatever button that you click).

Fast forward to the morning, Sunday Morning that is, I see an email from her and it is confirmed it is her and she also remembered me.

We never met face to face, but we talked to each other almost every day that I worked at TCI and her where she did. We got to know each other as well as our family and our lives. Though at present I can not re-collect most of her life anymore. I guess that is the sign of being older. Hah hah. No Readers, mostly likely to not thinking of her in such a long time and losing the memories that I knew of due to new memories of people after her. Readers, there is only so much my mind can hold and remember.

There are times these days that I am walking from one room to another and in that time frame I get to that other room and I forgot what I was getting or going to do. The signs of getting older, I guess. Or perhaps I better hope so. =).

Fast forward a day's time - we exchanged information, phone numbers, email address as this blog site. I called her Sunday evening got voicemail left message and then she called back got voicemail and I got her message.

I have to admit it was the same voice, yes older, but the same voice I talked to day after day while I was at TCI back in the 1990's. As the "man with no name" said

"Well now...
....seems just like old times."

Her voice on my answering machine just made my day - hell, my week. Even my Month.

Anyway, I hope to catch up and at least see what's been going on. And I, of course, will tell her every time that I happen to see that movie "Trapped in Paradise" I remember her dog since her dog had only three legs. Funny how you associated something to someone.

Until the next time

Daryl Charley
The Fallen Athlete

No comments: