Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The First Endo of the Year

Greeting People

I have to start and mention that this morning on my bike ride into work, which I also did on my mountain bike I bought this summer, I went up and over my handlebars. Sort of like an ungraceful ballerina or maybe a ballerina who decided to get wasted before an event. It happened so quick next thing you know I was laying on right side in the three to five inches of snow that had fallen in the past 24 hours.

You know I guess this is why I have a blog. I can tell you, or even remind myself of the misfortunes of my life. I know you probably shaking your head in disbelief, but I guess I am here to amuse you.

So, returning to the story.

I had to ride along the side of the road, basically in the gutter. There was no sidewalk on this portion of the road. The morning was a bit cold and the sun had not quite warmed up the snow and ice that had been compacted in the gutter in the night. I had to be careful of the frozen ice and slushy ice that was being warmed up by the sun. Well, there was I going up Park Meadows Drive, with my music going on the background.....

Oh, on a side note once more, let me tell you people about the new CD burner that I bought this past weekend. I was able to get last year's Sony model of the CD burner that one of the Office Depots had out on clearance. Since I have not been able to buy a new computer and unable to buy the Ipod that was suppose to buy last month which I have been brooding about, if you will. I saw the burner and saw that the specs met one of my computer's requirements and decided to gamble. Long story short I able to get the baby installed all by myself Sunday night and then I bought the CD-RW disc on Monday. Oh let me tell also, that while I was in Wal-Mart I had to ask for help since I no clue on whether to buy a CD-R or a CD-RW discs. But let me tell you that the Wal-mart employee was able to set me straight that morning. He sort of noticed I knew nothing about burning. Or probably thinking that this guy does not know his head from his ass. Well, I would not taken offense even if he said that. I am green behind the ears... well not green anymore since I am able to tell you that I have burned my first CD! He automatically recommended that I buy the CD-RW discs since I am beginner and would basically "Fuck it up" and then I would up the creek. I am happy to tell you I am glad I did buy the CD-RW since I tried to "burn" a CD Monday night and I did have problems - tiff, wma, etc, too many fucking audio formats and I did not get the hang of what format to rip to until near midnight. I will pass on my wisdom right now - you better "burn" in wav format since that what my CD music is recorded in. This info will save some headaches and lots of Donald Duck imitations that I was doing late Monday night and well into Tuesday morning. I could of been mistaken as Donald Duck with all that muttering and walking around in a pissed off state of mind.

...so going up Park Meadows Drive listening to my first "burned" CD. I was listening to the Scorpions version of "Dust in the Wind" and then next thing you know I was gliding through the air on a one way ticket downward arch to kiss Mother Earth personally. This fall was sort of controlled, since I sort of know how to fall, as opposed to the other people who fall like stone to the earth. Remember - I said I was"gliding" to earth. I only "fell like a stone" early in my falling days. Hah hah. I immediately turned my body to land on my side with my arm against my side and then fwump. I was glad I was not on the CD track "Fragile" by Sting, otherwise this blog might of been different.

Not a thump, but a fwump. A fwump is when you land in snow. Woo hoo - another fall that I was able to get up and laugh about. Son of a bitch - I must be experienced in accidents, unlike others I know who get themselves "F'd in the A" as my favorite little buddy would say. Also, a fwump is much more gentle than a thump. And even better than a bump bump your fucked thump. Hah hah. I am now making myself smile and laugh. I can laugh, because I have experienced all those sort of falls.

A couple of cars slowed down but I waved indicating the universal sign that I was okay and that was that. I was smiling and laughing to myself. I guess I need more riding time on my mountain bike. Granted, this was the first time that I rode the bike in the snow, which was the plan this morning. But, I bet that if I was riding my road bike this accident would not of happened. Then of course I would not been able to entertain you reader with another accident in my life.

Alright, until the next time I bid you adieu.

The Fallen Athlete
Daryl Charley

No comments: